DELIVERY DRIVER JOB DESCRIPTION- Part Time Weekends
The T.Y. Fine Furniture Delivery Driver plays an important role within the company. This individual is responsible for ensuring the safe delivery and appropriate setup of furniture in the customer’s home. Because of the quality of furniture we deliver to our customers, the Delivery Driver must take special care and attention to ensure that the customers receive excellent service during the delivery of their products.
The Delivery Driver is expected to perform all responsibilities of the job safely and professionally. This is a more physically demanding role, which requires the employee to be in adequate physical condition to perform the job successfully.
It’s important that the delivery schedule run seamlessly and on-time according to what we have communicated to our customers. The Delivery Driver is accountable for managing pick-up and delivery schedules to ensure on-time deliveries.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Manage pick-up and delivery schedules to ensure on-time customer deliveries
- Safely drive company vehicle in and around the Columbus area
- Complete all paperwork at the showroom and upon delivery to document when each delivery is successfully completed
- Professionally communicate with both showroom employees and customers about the status of deliveries
- Unload and load product at the showroom and at the customers’ homes
- Ensure safe, clean and secure product transfer
- Proactively report any issues or changes to delivery process or schedule to management
- Light Furniture Assembly and installation.
- Relevant product delivery experience is required
- Must have a current driver's license with a clean record
- High school diploma or GED is preferred
- Must be able to meet physical demands of the job
- Must be able to read maps and follow oral and written instructions
- Must maintain good driving record
- Subject to random drug and alcohol testing
This position requires physical demands that the employee must meet on a regular basis to
successfully perform in this role. The employee can expect the following:
- Climbing in and out of truck and cab regularly
- Lifting and loading product into the truck
- Moving product in the tuck and removing product from the truck
- Carrying product into customer’s home, which often involves: walking on uneven surfaces, shifting the product to fit in doors and hallways, crouching, holding the product for longer periods of time and re-gripping products.
- Lifting more than 100 pounds
The employee will receive support from another team member when a product requires additional help.