The T.Y. Fine Furniture Showroom Manager is a full-time position and will play a key role in operating the company’s new Clintonville showroom. Working directly with the owner, this individual will be responsible for helping to successfully open and then manage the new showroom, which is the company’s second location in Columbus.
The company is in an exciting growth stage, which means that the Manager must be eager to problem-solve, learn quickly and communicate effectively with employees, the owner and with customers. Training is provided, and the individual selected will showcase a strong interest in understanding the company’s product details as well as sharing those learnings with customers and other employees.
The best candidate is a strong operator who is able to manage details and standard systems and processes (i.e. inventory, bookkeeping, product software, shipping/ordering, etc.). If there’s something that this individual doesn’t know, he/she is eager to research to find the answer. They are also so passionate about the products that they’re able to speak intelligently and influentially to the customers about their potential purchases.
The manager will also assist the company’s owner with employee management, helping to hire, retain and grow the showroom’s employees.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Lead all Showroom operations and sales responsibilities with emphasis on ensuring the highest quality customer service
- Retain deep understanding of product specifications to guide customer buying decisions
- Maintain showroom bookkeeping and financial reporting
- Manage incoming and outgoing products to maintain ideal inventory levels
- Oversee customer orders so that they are placed properly and fulfilled successfully
- Plan for and meet monthly and annual Showroom sales goals
- Assist in planning for, hiring, training and growing productive Showroom team
WHAT MAKES YOU SUCCESSFUL AT T.Y. FINE FURNITURE
- You are a problem-solver by nature and are eager to solve any issue that stands in the way of getting the job done. Through research and asking questions, you’re able to solve for whatever the company, a customer or an employee may need quickly and thoughtfully.
- You have a creative side and a keen interest in interior design. While an interior design background is a plus, any creative background or experience is considered.
- You’re a jack of all trades and love the opportunity to work on all parts of the business. Every new project is an opportunity to learn more about the company and to gain a new skillset.
- You pride yourself on your organizational and efficiency skills. You’re constantly seeking opportunities to improve a process or simplify a solution.
- You’re skilled with technology and familiar with product management programs. You pick up on software easily and can typically find your way through any program with minimal training.
- You’re always looking to grow as a leader and manager. You are constantly working to improve your leadership style and know how important it is to build quality relationships with your team.
- 5+ years of relevant home furnishings retail or sales experience
- Preference for candidates with previous showroom/store management experience
- Interior design and similar experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Quarterly profit sharing
- Growth potential as the company grows
- Ample vacation hours